- 1 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional sugar (to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in almond extract. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; then gradually add to the mixture and mix well. Roll the dough into one big ball. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Get the dough out of the fridge and flatten it with a roller pin to approximately 8 mm thick. Cut into shape using your Cookiestruct and place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Gently roll unto cookie dough with prepared glass, keep dipping the glass in sugar as needed.
- To ensure the cookies keep their shapes, place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15min before baking.
- Bake directly from the freezer at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device