Here is a classic Breton dessert with a small colourful twist.
Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes per plate
Total time: About 2 hours
Yield: 20 cookies
- 1⁄4 cup (100 g) salted butter *
- 1⁄2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup + 1 tbsp (110g) flour
- 21⁄2 tsp (15g) powdered matcha
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 3⁄4 cup (105 g) almond flour
- 2 teaspoons (8g) of baking powder
* If you have unsalted butter, add 1⁄4 tsp. (1 ml) salt to your recipe.
No need to turn on your oven right away, your cookie mix should sit 1 hour before baking.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and sugar.
- Whisk the egg yolks one by one to your mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to obtain a uniform mixture.
- With a rolling pin, spread your smooth and homogeneous mixture between two sheets of parchment paper to flatten it (look for a thickness of about 1 cm). Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Cut the shortbread with a cookie cutter and spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes on the bottom grid.
LAU À LA BOUFFE © 2020